Cyprus Democratic Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anti-pto urgent

+9
Calderon Maximiliano
Erius
francio223
Outsmarter
steve_god
argiris7
Gianni Rivera
Daximus
foivos1
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

anti-pto urgent Empty anti-pto urgent

Post  foivos1 Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am

we have to create an anti-pto team for pp elections and congress

about party president we need someone (probably steve) to be THE ONLY CANDIDATE and a team of many players to vote him,the anti-pto team

about the congress election,it isn't so urgent because we have some time to get organised but it would be a valuable information if we could find how many congressmen are elected from each region so we can make a blocker team

foivos1

Back to top Go down

anti-pto urgent Empty Re: anti-pto urgent

Post  Daximus Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:59 am

Should have waited until after the party president elections to start the party. The PTOers will join up en masse and then have a free party (if they win).

Daximus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gianni Rivera Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:04 am

We have 2 regions, so the rules would be the same than for Paraguay for example.

20 congressmen, 9 per region + 2 wildcards.
Gianni Rivera
Gianni Rivera

Back to top Go down

Post  Daximus Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 am

Yup.

Daximus

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:11 am

hat would be difficult,if we had 10 it would be better but that's the reallity,we have to get a baby boom

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  argiris7 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am

we really have to get a baby boom,that's the basic,then we have to prevent the PTO

argiris7

Back to top Go down

Post  steve_god Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 am

I'm happy to put myself forward as suggested to stay as party president to get the Independent eCyprus movement moving forward! Smile

As mentioned, we do need to get either a baby boom, or trusted recruits from other countries to come to eCyprus, and I'd encourage all of you to try and call in some favours from trusted in-game friends to help us out!
steve_god
steve_god
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 pm

great stevegod

i would like to get down there as a country pres. but it's not our priority now

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsmarter Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Some people have said in the IRC that we should try to negotiate with PTOers to buy our freedom.

I totally disagree. Freedom is our right, not anything that we have to buy. We'll ask for help wherever we need to, and I'll personally do, but we won't negotiate with PTOers, either if they're turks, greeks or japanese.
Outsmarter
Outsmarter

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:40 pm

outsmarter be sure that they WONT be greek,greeks are our greater and most dedicated allies,they don't ask anything we are brothers with them and if we need help they will give us
turks are the ptoers for sure but now greece is attacking them to prevent a possible pto

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  francio223 Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm totaly agree, we sould be united and vote to an only candidate (i'm thinking abuot steve) and to be sure to get as many congrasist as we can.
francio223
francio223

Back to top Go down

Post  Erius Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Outsmarter wrote:Some people have said in the IRC that we should try to negotiate with PTOers to buy our freedom.

I totally disagree. Freedom is our right, not anything that we have to buy. We'll ask for help wherever we need to, and I'll personally do, but we won't negotiate with PTOers, either if they're turks, greeks or japanese.

You can call it "buying", but I call it "diplomacy". Like I said on IRC, I don`t doubt that Greece is our ally. What I said on IRC (and what my friends supported) is that if we have a change to be friends with eTurkey why wouldn`t we try it?

A lot of people have said that we cannot be friends with them, but I say that there is always a possibility to solve conflicts with words, not just with swords. Yes, eTurkey is PTOing us (or atleast their players are doing so), but if we can stop such a thing with talk, why should we deny? And after we`ve dealed with these PTO attempts, why should we not create somekind of relationship with the turks - if we have a possibility for such.

Let`s not forget that we`re a new nation and we have to create the relations to other nations from zero point. We`re not forced by any way to declare turks as our eternal enemies. What we`re doing atm is to create foreign affairs before we even have an goverment which could create such - or to follow.

Diplomacy is what we need, if we want to stay neutral. If we wont, then I cannot help with it. If Turks PTO us, we`ll fight. But if there is a change to negotiate with them, I suggest we do so.
Erius
Erius

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsmarter Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm

We can solve this with words, of course, but never negotiate. Freedom is not negotiable.
Outsmarter
Outsmarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Erius Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Outsmarter wrote:We can solve this with words, of course, but never negotiate. Freedom is not negotiable.

And how will we solve our foreign policy with words, but not using negotiation?

It is not possible. I understand that most people here are Pro-EDEN (propably because of Greece), but EDEN view on things is not always the only one. If turks willtry to PTO us, we will fight them back, but we will do the same if there is a group of romanians trying to PTO us. EDEN`s member nations are not saints - neither are PHOENIX`s.

I am Pro-Neutral - atleast for now. I see Greece as a friend, but not Turkey as a enemy - yet (let`s see what happens when we get our first goverment). I`ve seen foes becoming friends and friends turning foes. And a lot can be done with diplomacy. If you think it`s possible, then it can become true.
Erius
Erius

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsmarter Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 pm

As I told you before, I don't think neither EDEN nor Phoenix are saints. I just think that everyone who wants to PTO us is an enemy, either if it comes from EDEN or Phoenix.

And it's not an enemy because we want, it's an enemy because they want. Everyone who comes to this country with the intention of making it his country or stealing the treasure doesn't deserve negotiation. It's better to apply our efforts in asking for help to whoever who wants to help that negotiating with PTOers.

What do you want to negotiate with? Money? Regions? Loyalty? We are not in the Middle Ages, we have no senior.

They can be our allies if they want to, but not by threatening us.
Outsmarter
Outsmarter

Back to top Go down

Post  francio223 Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I think the best option about if Turky is an allie or not is to wait and see how they act in the future, and then we should take part in an alliance or the other. Untill then we should be neutral
francio223
francio223

Back to top Go down

Post  Calderon Maximiliano Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:08 pm

have ever heard about the third world? or countrys non-aligned? may be an option.

Calderon Maximiliano

Back to top Go down

Post  pvr007 Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:56 pm

well all i know is that i know some people who have tried to PTO eMexico before and that they are of no word, so i guess we can create some sort of list of them or something like that to keep track of them Wink
pvr007
pvr007

http://google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:11 am

let's be realistic
1)turkey can't be an ally of us,they want our land because they think it's ours
2)the one that is going to pto us IS phoenix&turkey
3)the rl cypriot community has grown-up in eden countries (especially greece) and pro-eden (israel)
4)the ones that will help us without wanting something back or without wanting to conquer us are greeks,that happens because of the relationship between greece and cyprus -ask any rl cypriot and will tell you
5)ok romanians pto many countries but the rest eden will be against them if they pto us

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:14 am

Erius wrote:
You can call it "buying", but I call it "diplomacy". Like I said on IRC, I don`t doubt that Greece is our ally. What I said on IRC (and what my friends supported) is that if we have a change to be friends with eTurkey why wouldn`t we try it?

erius you know i'm a commie,so by definition i want peace with turkey,do you think that turks want peace?

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  Erius Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:51 am

What I believe is that there is always possibility to negotiate with other people. Of course it`s not only about us - it takes to to tango. The turks itself are propably 100% hostile againts us, but that does not mean that their goverment is stupid. We don`t have to give them money, regions or anything else - all we can give to them is a promise. If they trust us, then we should trust them. That is the core of friendship.

By opening negotiations with them we can show them that if they can trust us, we can trust them. How we would show that, I don`t know yet. I am a former president of Singapore and Finland, former SC of Sol and multiple Minister of Foreign Affairs in different countries and I`ve seen enough diplomacy to be sure about this opportunity.

I am not willing to buy our freedom with money or regions - or loyalty. I am not eager to buy our freedom in any way. I am eager to create relationships with our neighbouring nations if that is possible. We know that Israel and Greece will be our friends, so now we have to talk only with Turkey.

Even thought turks are hostile atm, that doesn`t mean that their attitude can be changed. And how we can now it if we wont try?
Erius
Erius

Back to top Go down

Post  Mencey7 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:00 am

The best thing is to have a neutral policy, and in case of a happening that affect us ... maybe because we are forced to position, but now pot is better to be neutral with the rest of the eWorld and make responsible diplomacy
Mencey7
Mencey7

Back to top Go down

Post  francio223 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:09 am

Totaly agree whit you. first we have to have our own politicians and the make diplomacy Very Happy
francio223
francio223

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsmarter Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:30 am

foivos1 wrote:let's be realistic
3)the rl cypriot community has grown-up in eden countries (especially greece) and pro-eden (israel)
4)the ones that will help us without wanting something back or without wanting to conquer us are greeks,that happens because of the relationship between greece and cyprus -ask any rl cypriot and will tell you
5)ok romanians pto many countries but the rest eden will be against them if they pto us

+1

Erius, what does make you think that Turkey will want to be our allie. Allie of a country which they think belongs to them and that is allied with Greece and Israel both EDEN countries. Moreover. What will our allies think?

This is not an EDEN or Phoenix thing. RL relationships seem not to be very important but they are. When Spain invaded Portugal a lot of spaniards, including me, opposed to that because in RL we are friends. If Spain would have invaded France we'd all applauded because there's rivality in the game and IRL.

Breaking those strong RL relationships with Greece and Israel or damaging them to allie with the turks that want to PTO/invade us in my honest opinion is a very bad movement.
Outsmarter
Outsmarter

Back to top Go down

Post  foivos1 Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:32 am

Outsmarter wrote:
foivos1 wrote:let's be realistic

+1

Erius, what does make you think that Turkey will want to be our allie. Allie of a country which they think belongs to them and that is allied with Greece and Israel both EDEN countries. Moreover. What will our allies think?

This is not an EDEN or Phoenix thing. RL relationships seem not to be very important but they are. When Spain invaded Portugal a lot of spaniards, including me, opposed to that because in RL we are friends. If Spain would have invaded France we'd all applauded because there's rivality in the game and IRL.

Breaking those strong RL relationships with Greece and Israel or damaging them to allie with the turks that want to PTO/invade us in my honest opinion is a very bad movement.

+1
we can try to have peace with them but we can't depend on them(tyrkey)

foivos1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum